German carmaker Volkswagen says it should launch its up to date sixth-generation Polo mannequin in South Africa in January 2022.
The newest mannequin, which is being inbuilt Kariega within the Eastern Cape, will obtain a facelift and can be accessible in a variety of new variants, the group stated.
In South Africa, 78,848 items of the sixth era Polo have been bought because the automobile launched into the market in January 2018, and it presently has greater than a 20% share within the A0 Hatch phase.
“The Volkswagen Polo is South Africa’s second best-selling passenger car after the Polo Vivo. In 2021, 16 454 Polos have been sold in the local market which translates to a share of 22.6% in the A0 Hatch segment,” stated Steffen Knapp, head of the Volkswagen Passenger Car Brand.
Volkswagen stated that the up to date Polo will function a new exterior design, with the bumper and tailgate each new additions.
The Polo will even function modified headlights and taillight clusters which come customary with LED know-how. Most notably, the Polo has taken a design cue from Volkswagen’s new ID fashions, and the brand new Golf and can embrace an LED mild strip alongside the radiator grille.
The inside of the Polo now boasts a digital cockpit, a re-designed multi-function steering wheel, new-generation infotainment methods and wi-fi app-connect. All modules besides the air-con are built-in into the dashboard’s higher crossbar with the infotainment system display screen positioned within the centre.
Volkswagen stated that Polo will even be the primary automobile in its class to be provided with the optionally available journey help function. When journey help is lively, the Polo brakes, accelerates and steers robotically inside the system limits. This semi-automated help system relieves the pressure on drivers, particularly on lengthy journeys, the carmaker stated.
The up to date Polo has additionally moved to Volkswagen’s new naming conference. Previously, the Polo was accessible within the Trendline (base mannequin), Comfortline (mid-level) and Highline (premium) variations.
The new naming conference options the Polo model (base mannequin), Polo Life (mid-level) and R-Line (premium). The new Polo will even be accessible in a GTI spinoff.
In South Africa, the brand new Volkswagen Polo can be accessible in three turbo-charged petrol engines:
- The 1.0 TSI 70kW engine can be accessible within the Polo and Polo Life specs. The three-cylinder engine, which is coupled with a 5-speed guide transmission, delivers 70kW of energy and most torque of 175Nm. It takes 10.8 seconds to finish the zero to 100km/h dash.
- The 1.0 TSI 85kW DSG engine is solely accessible within the Polo Life and Polo R-Line specs. The three-cylinder engine, which is coupled with a 7-speed DSG transmission, delivers 85kW of energy and most torque of 200Nm. It takes 11.3 seconds to finish the zero to 100km/h dash.
- The new Polo GTI is a front-wheel drive and can launch with a 2.0 TSI turbo-charged engine that delivers a energy output of 147kW. The most torque is 320Nm at 1,500 to 4,500 rpm. It completes the zero to 100km/h dash in simply 6.7 seconds.
Pricing for the brand new Polo vary in South Africa can be confirmed nearer to the launch date in January 2022. Current pricing for the sixth-generation Polo variants is as follows:
- Trendline – R298,800
- Comfortline – R336,400
- Highline – R383,100
- GTI – R466,500
The new Polo can be accessible in eight exterior colors:
- Ascot Grey (new),
- Smoky Grey Metallic (new),
- Kings Red Metallic (new),
- Vibrant Violet Metallic (new),
- Pure White,
- Reflex Silver Metallic,
- Reef Blue Metallic
- Deep Black Pearl Effect.
Read: WeBuyCars reveals what number of automobiles it buys and sells