On Wednesday, World Rugby introduced it had adopted a partnership method to Rugby World Cup host choice and confirmed their “exclusive Preferred Candidate and Targeted Dialogue unions”.
READ | WORLD RUGBY APPROVES TEST ELIGIBILITY CHANGE!
- England named Preferred Candidate for Women’s Rugby World Cup 2025
- Australia named Preferred Candidate for Men’s Rugby World Cup 2027
- Exclusive focused dialogue to proceed with the USA in relation to Rugby World Cup 2031 and a ladies’s version in the future
- Discussions ongoing with plenty of events relating to Rugby World Cup 2029 internet hosting
- Revised method constructed on business partnerships to unlock new income streams and maximise monetary and social outcomes for hosts
- New mannequin will speed up the sport’s world ambitions
- Final internet hosting rights to be awarded by Council in May 2022
“All countries have worked closely with World Rugby and other key stakeholders to fulfil the requirements to achieve Preferred Candidate and Exclusive Targeted Dialogue status respectively,” a statement read.
“Alongside the awarding of Preferred Candidate standing to England and Australia, the World Rugby Council moreover voted to implement a collection of unique discussions with the USA in relation to Rugby World Cup 2031 internet hosting.
“As an rising rugby market with a 10-year runway to the 2031 event, the USA would require a singular and prolonged method that may require intensive additional dialogue with key stakeholders. This dialogue will happen with a view to creating the best internet hosting mannequin for a Rugby World Cup in North America and the world recreation in the long-term.“
Approach to electing World Cup hosts meant to be extra versatile and collaborative
World Rugby Chairman, Sir Bill Beaumont commented: “With World Rugby working with potential hosts to optimise their Rugby World Cup proposals and align them with long-term social and financial improvement plans for the good thing about their communities and the future enlargement of the sport.
“As a result, we are entering into an enhanced relationship with England and Australia as exclusive Preferred Candidates for 2025 and 2027 respectively, and USA in exclusive targeted dialogue with a view to developing the most effective hosting model.”
READ | THREE SPRINGBOKS CONFIRMED IN BARBARIANS SQUAD TO FACE SAMOA